[Openid-specs-ab] UserInfo Request

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Sat Oct 15 14:58:39 UTC 2011

I agree with Nat.  So far we have not seen any use case for MAC, that are not more easily acheved with JWT based bearer tokens.

With MAC tokens the only theoretical advantage is that you can store them as a cookie over a non SSL connection.
However you still need to store the per token secret, negating most of the advantage.

If you have a specific use case, that you think is not covered, then please contribute it so we can discuss it.

At the moment for simplicity and interoperability openID Connect is bearer only.

John B.