[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 25-Aug-11

Andreas Åkre Solberg andreas.solberg at uninett.no
Fri Aug 26 08:34:18 UTC 2011

On 26. aug.2011, at 03:19, Edmund Jay wrote:

> John offered the following options:
> a) new scope for requesting picture sizes
> b) RP makes explicit claim request
> c) Expand schema to include "small", "medium", and "large"

BTW, here is how gravatar is doing this:

	http://en.gravatar.com/site/implement/images/#size

(I'm not saying that I neccessary like it, I just include it as an example).

A related topic, is content type negotiation. Would it be an idea to suggest to use 'Accept' header as the reccomended way of negotiating which  image format that is presented?

      Accept: image/gif;q=0.5, image/jpeg;q=0.8, image/png;q=0.9, image/svg+xml;q=1.0

I would propose that if we say anything about accept parameters and/or size parameters, it would just be reccomendations to providers that would like to offer multiple formats and sizes; and not a requirement.

Andreas