[Openid-specs-ab] "the" place to find the latest specs

Pam Dingle pdingle at pingidentity.com
Fri Jul 29 23:06:45 UTC 2011

If you all concur, I'd like to agree on a single link that we can begin to
send people to when they want to find the OpenID Connect spec family.   All
of the links we are currently advertising go to specifically named documents
which will likely not resolve to updated versions when we move to the new
organization. Instead, I'd like to propose standardizing on a single landing
page, where developers can go over time to see the latest and earlier drafts
of the spec as they grow and change.

The place that seems to be a good starting point would be
http://openid.net/developers/specs/.  Right now, there is no mention at all
of OpenID Connect on that page, which I think should change.   We could also
link an OpenIDConnect-specific landing page from the spec page (ie
http://openid.net/developers/specs/openidconnect) if that seems cleaner.
Having a single page should make it simpler for those trying to learn, and
may also help our SEO ranking, as that single URL would hopefully become
more easily thrown around.

Thoughts?  Objections?

--
*Pamela Dingle*  |  Sr. Technical Architect
*Ping**Identity*  |   www.pingidentity.com
*Email:* pdingle at pingidentity.com
- -
*Connect with Ping*