[Openid-specs-ab] JSON Web Key (JWK) draft -01
Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 26 04:09:09 UTC 2011
I’ve published JSON Web Key (JWK)<http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-json-web-key.html> draft -01<http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-json-web-key-01.html>. It contains the following changes:
* Changed “algorithm” member value for Elliptic Curve keys from “ECDSA” to “EC”, since Elliptic Curve keys can be used with more algorithms than just the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA).
* Added OPTIONAL “use” member to identify intended key usage, especially since the same Elliptic Curve key should not be used for both signing and encryption operations.
The specification is available at these locations:
* http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-json-web-key.html (will point to new versions as they are posted)
* http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-json-web-key.txt (will point to new versions as they are posted)
* http://self-issued.info/docs/draft-jones-json-web-key.xml (will point to new versions as they are posted)
* http://svn.openid.net/repos/specifications/json_web_key/1.0/ (Subversion repository, with html, txt, and html versions available)
The need for this change was identified while writing the JSON Web Encryption (JWE) draft.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openid-specs-ab