[Openid-specs-ab] The other JSS envelope structure

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 07:41:35 UTC 2010

Hi John,

I talked with Hideki today and now understood what he meant.

Basically, what he is proposing can essentially be reduced to:

{
   "oauth_token": "asdfjklsdfjwoIjfk",
   "not_after": 12345678,
   "user_id": 1223,
   "profile_id": 1223 ,
   "http://jsonenc.info/jss/sig_params" :
      [
          {
            "certs_uri": "https://example.com/mycerts.pem"
          },
          {
            "algorithm": "RSA-SHA1",
            "certs_uri": "https://example.org/mycerts.pem"
          }
      ] ,
}

AND Signed result like:

{
    "type": "http://openid.net/specs/ab/1.0#signed_format",
    "data_type": "application/json",
    "data": "eyJhbGdvcml0aG0iOiJITUFDLVNIQTI1NiIsIjAiOiJwYXlsb2FkIn0",
    "sigs": [
           "vlXgu64BQGFSQrY0ZcJBZASMvYvTHu9GQ0YM9rjPSso",
           "cfXgu64BQGFSQrY0ZcJBZASMvYvTHu9GQ0YM9rjPSso"
    ]
}

sigs does not have to have the key_id or certs_uri because the order of the
array is always preserved.

He even goes on for Web Token to be something like:

sig1.sig2. ... .data

so that it can have any number of signatures.

=nat

http://www.sakimura.org/en/
http://twitter.com/_nat_en