[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #1230: Adopt Presentation Exchange as an officially supported mechanism within SIOP (openid/connect)

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Sat May 8 12:11:29 UTC 2021

DIF PE uses a transport agnostic approach with a very powerful request language and an additional level of indirection for presentation (descriptor map). This results in a high degree of flexibility but seems to be complex and problematic regarding ease of use and interoperability. DIF PE also only sketches out how it could be used in conjunction with OIDC.

Having a small extension natively built on top OIDC seems a reasonable approach to provide developers with a simple and secure solution. We should certainly investigate how we can leverage DIF PE primitives as best as we can to benefit from existing work and implementations.