[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #1230: Adopt Presentation Exchange as an officially supported mechanism within SIOP (openid/connect)

Daniel Buchner issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu May 6 22:33:53 UTC 2021

New issue 1230: Adopt Presentation Exchange as an officially supported mechanism within SIOP
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1230/adopt-presentation-exchange-as-an

Daniel Buchner:

[DIF Presentation Exchange \(identity.foundation\)](https://identity.foundation/presentation-exchange/spec/v1.0.0/) has now been adopted by all major VC-focused standards organizations and industry groups. As I see more and more duplicative proposals, Issues, and spec details popping up in this SIOP work, it’s becoming clear we need to regroup and reassess those aspects of the SIOP initiative. I am unclear why the PE primaries were not pulled in to ensure uptake of these cross-compatible specs, but the time is now to reorient. We can accelerate this entire SIOP initiative by leveraging the work the community has done in DIF. This is an umbrella decision that should be addressed as both a top-level proposal and individual, targeted issues that resolve the duplicative activities in favor of the existing solution - I will begin opening those over the next few days.