[Openid-specs-ab] Call for Adoption of the "OpenID Connect for W3C Verifiable Credential Objects"

Nat Sakimura nat at digitalideas.tokyo
Thu May 6 16:29:33 UTC 2021

Dear AB/C WG members:

This is a call for adoption for the following draft as a working group
document.

*OpenID Connect for W3C Verifiable Credential Objects* [1]

[1] http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/attachments/20210505/a198527a/attachment-0001.pdf

The draft was recommended by the SIOP SC as recorded in their minute [2]

[2] http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/2021-May/008227.html

This topic was raised during the 2021-05-07 call and encountered some
rather strong opposition from several members. Since WG decision is
advised to be done through the consensus, i.e., there does not exist
sustained and well reasoned opposition from members, I would like to
ask members to discuss the concerns in the following ticket:

*Issue #1229 Adoption of the "OpenID Connect for W3C Verifiable
Credential Objects"* [3]

[3] https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1229/adoption-of-the-openid-connect-for-w3c

If the consensus cannot be reached in a reasonable amount of time, we
would have to go through the formal vote route, but I would rather
like to avoid it if possible.

In the mean time, I would like to ask the proposers to create a
presentation document (slides) to explain the scope, value, brief
overview of the technical content, and relationship with other works
especially the OIDF drafts and specifications, just like what is
usually presented at IETF for the draft adoption request to assist WG
members to evaluate. Apparently, there are many terms that are not
usual to this WG involved, so some kind of explainer would certainly
help.

Best,

Nat Sakimura
Co-chair, AB/C WG.