[Openid-specs-ab] Agenda - OIDF Browser Interactions Special Topic Call - 2021-03-24 19:05 UTC

Sam Goto goto at google.com
Wed Mar 24 16:13:58 UTC 2021

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 8:49 AM Brian Campbell via Openid-specs-ab <

> I've got a little something for Open Discussion, if time and circumstance
> permit. Does anyone have a good understanding of how CORS will be impacted
> by the impending death of 3rd party cookies? Seems that by very definition
> cookies are 3rd party in the context of CORS and the same kinds of
> privacy/tracking concerns are applicable, which suggests that cookies will
> just stop being sent and/or accepted with CORS requests/responses. But I
> find myself second guessing that assumption and feeling rather uncertain
> about my grasp of the mechanics of all this stuff (and life in general, if
> I'm being honest). Anyway, I'm hopeful that someone on the call with better
> or more authoritative knowledge could explain the impacts for the benefit
> of all.

I'll ask around more concretely about CORS (genuinely don't know what the
answer is to this question), but here are the guiding principles (and, as
such, don't quite go over sequencing in detail) that is behind the
constraints that are being placed:

https://github.com/michaelkleber/privacy-model