[Openid-specs-ab] OpenID Connect Federation updated in preparation for third Implementer’s Draft review

Pawel Kowalik pawel.kowalik at ionos.com
Wed Jun 30 08:00:21 UTC 2021

Hi David,

I think this is where Federation spec sets higher expectations when it
comes to assuring RPs identity before releasing the credentials to them.
Leaving it purely up to the user (holder) is the current status quo, but it
would be an added value of a federation to offer more security in this
respect and protect the holder from malicious RPs.
Even in the real world there are risks involved in showing your ID card to
a random person or a company.

Away from SIOP context, in the enterprise usage I see a lot of expectation
for OP to only accept vetted RPs.

Kind Regards,
Pawel