[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #1249: Find less confusing names for actors in Aggregated Claims model (openid/connect)

Nat issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Jun 16 06:45:53 UTC 2021

New issue 1249: Find less confusing names for actors in Aggregated Claims model
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1249/find-less-confusing-names-for-actors-in

Nat Sakimura:

**Tobias Looker:** Language note that the usage of the term OP as the intermediary or the aggregator of claims can be confusing as technically the CP is also an OP. Suggest considering a new term such as “Holder” or “Aggregator”

**Nat Sakimura:**  In the data sharing arrangement world, “holder” is used for the data source so that can be confusing as well.

“Aggregator” is not ideal as we want to write a parallel spec to this for the disutributed claims model.

What about “Wallet”? A wallet can be an App or it can be server based Wallet just like payment mechanisms. Also, since new The European Identity Framework calls for Wallet, it could be a good fit.

**Jeremie Miller:** Perhaps Intermediary Provider, since that’s how it’s being described already in multiple places?

**Nat Sakimura:** @{602db0779f84a90069f2eb09} ​I like the idea. Since that change is going to touch on too many places making it difficult for people to track the diff, I will create another PR to implement the changes after this PR is merged