[Openid-specs-ab] Agenda - OIDF Browser Interactions Special Topic Call - 6/2/21 19:05 UTC

Tom Jones thomasclinganjones at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 17:24:12 UTC 2021

This federation work may be doing work useful to large companies that make
billions of dollars on SSO, it is not addressing the core problem. *We
cannot transit a user from an RP to a user wallet and back again in a
browser session.* There do seem to be a few participants that think the RPs
are the key to success, but they act like user preference is not important.
It is my opinion that the success of OpenID Connect was primarily the ease
of use.  The user's liked it. It solved a problem for the users. It was
easy for the users.

Interestingly, the SIOP work group has wandered away from solving the core
problem as well. The only guy that seems to be addressing the problem is DW
in his three current issues. But I am afraid those will be lost in the
noise. In any case he is trying to fix a set of approved work items which
are fundamentally broken in the user sense articulated above. I consider
that to be an impossible task.

Since we no longer have agendas in advance, it is hard to know what will
actually happen in any given session. Perhaps we can break off a small
group that addresses just the core problem?

Be the change you want to see in the world ..tom

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 9:05 AM Tim Cappalli via Openid-specs-ab <