[Openid-specs-ab] Browser Interactions STC - Meeting Notes - 2021-06-30

David Waite david at alkaline-solutions.com
Mon Jul 5 23:10:23 UTC 2021

(Speaking as someone who has always tried to steer people away from iframe mechanisms)

My ideal outcome would be evolution on a timeline where browsers would:
1. Keep RPs/SPs/clients working with ideally minimal degradation if no changes are made
2. Have IDPs/OPs/ASs work with potentially significant user impact/degradation if no changes are made
3. Propose alternatives, involving changes for all parties, providing overall better user experience.

I would hope we have proposals that go beyond iframe scenarios, but the efforts to keep them working is an effort to reduce the number of deployed applications which need to be modified, and the urgency by which they need to be changed.

-DW