[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #1256: Reconcile the mapping/processing between input descriptors and submitted inputs (openid/connect)

Daniel Buchner issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Jul 1 16:56:57 UTC 2021

New issue 1256: Reconcile the mapping/processing between input descriptors and submitted inputs
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1256/reconcile-the-mapping-processing-between

Daniel Buchner:

There is currently a mapping from PE Descriptors to submitted creds/items in the PE Submission objects that is used in deterministic processing steps within PE. If this mapping is not present, the steps 1\) can’t be performed as specified \(moves from direct O\(1\) to loop test O\(n\) for each item\), and 2\) doesn’t retain the nested compat ability to drill through tiered items. I would love to find a way to use PE or somehow compose the objects such that they can adhere to the processing rules and retain the features, so perhaps we can talk this part through on a call?