[Openid-specs-ab] Spec Call Notes 01-Jul-21

Joseph Heenan joseph at authlete.com
Thu Jul 1 14:59:05 UTC 2021

Spec Call Notes 01-Jul-21

Attendees

Joseph Heenan
Nat Sakimura
Mike Jones
Anthony Nadalin
Torsten Lodderstedt
Pawel Kowalik
Kiristina Yasuda
Tom Jones
Bjorn Hjelm
David Waite
John Bradley
Tim Cappalli
David Chadwick

Events

Meeting with DIF group yesterday about presentation exchange, several alternatives discussed, very productive/cooperative but no conclusion yet, weekly calls going forward under DIF IPR regime.

Blockchain workshop: Nat said there was a session about DID / VCs / SSI in Financial use cases; paper is expected from JFSA on this topic, Nat will share link when it comes out.

Issues

https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1250/separating-claims-aggregation-and <https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1250/separating-claims-aggregation-and>

Torsten has several projects implementing that need a solution urgently.

Nat is planning to open a PR within a few business days. Torsten raised some limitations in the current draft.

https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1251/reference-jws-definition-of-base64url <https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1251/reference-jws-definition-of-base64url>

Clarification to be added in errata that base64url is always unpadded for OIDC uses.

https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1252/replace-pe-schema-with-type <https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1252/replace-pe-schema-with-type>

DavidC said this is a placeholder just in case DIF group does not go ahead with the change.

https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1253/threat-analysis-for-binding-between-vc-and <https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1253/threat-analysis-for-binding-between-vc-and>

Nat is nervous after PR22 and thinks deeper analysis is needed. To be discussed on SIOP call.

https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1254/consider-using-json-web-proofs-once <https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1254/consider-using-json-web-proofs-once>

Kristina & MikeJ gave a summary. Goal is to have general purpose zero knowledge proofs that are an extensions of JWTs and allow for selective disclosure, so people don’t have to switch over to LD proofs, and it’s expected to eventually go to IETF.

https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1255/trust-in-self-issued-identifiers <https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1255/trust-in-self-issued-identifiers>

Tom says we need to be clear when we talk about ’trust’ in SIOP we need to be clear which particular trust(s) we are talking about. DavidC thinks it’s implicit that users trust software they are using. Ticket has been opened, discussion to continue.

Pull Requests

No MRs ready to be discussed.

Other

Roland would like to dedicate the call in two weeks to the federation draft; this was agreed. Mike will send out invitations to interested parties.