[Openid-specs-ab] Spec Call Notes 19-Apr-21

David Waite david at alkaline-solutions.com
Tue Apr 20 06:53:28 UTC 2021

Vittorio contacted me separately indicating that John mentioned/people were interested in the DTVA work I did several years ago [1][2]. This was a poll back-channel API, an alternative for the existing three OIDC logout mechanisms (as well as access token revocation). I’d be more than happy to lead something on day 2 or 3; I imagine this should be geared more toward the problem at hand (iframes losing access to third-party site state).

Re: What does Web logout mean, that is a great question. Back when I was doing the DTVA work we had an IIW session about “what are sessions” and that came up.

At the time, I proposed that (outside vague notions of organizational security policy/hygiene) it is a signal from the user that future interactions may be by someone else. I didn’t get push-back at the time, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have new discussion at IIW.

-DW

1: https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/src/master/distributed-token-validity-api.txt <https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/src/master/distributed-token-validity-api.txt>
2: https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/src/master/dtva-hashgraph-system.txt <https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/src/master/dtva-hashgraph-system.txt>