[legal] Permission to use a modified OpenID logo

colin.evans at nhs.net colin.evans at nhs.net
Thu Sep 25 09:15:51 UTC 2008

So far nothing has been concluded. We've been round the houses via email.
Someone was going to contact me by phone but so far this has not happened.

The only specific statement I have is a response from the European (I
believe) assignee of the OpenID trademarks indicating that the OpenID logos
are not amenable to adaption.

As our project is progressing fairly rapidly at the moment, i'm expecting to
go live with our solution with no OpenID attibution on the page. It's a
shame, because we'd like to give the organisation the credit for the
protocol that is "under the hood", but I don't want to fall foul of
trademark or copyright arguments.

Our system doesn't delivery "an OpenID" in the classic sense, so using a
stadnrd logo would just confuse users who know what tha logo normally
signifies. On that basis no information is better tnan misleading
information.

Regards: Colin Evans
         NHS CFH Capability & Capacity

CONNECT DISCOVER SHARE eSpace today at