[legal] Questions about OpenID Europe Trademark Policy

Snorri snorri at snorri.eu
Sat Mar 8 17:34:07 UTC 2008

Dear Caesten,

Thank for your email,

The goal of this policy is not to be binding, it has just been planned to avoid abuses by some in the future…

= Understand projects that does not work in the philosophy of the OpenID Community

There has been a lot of conversation about the use of the TM symbol, all lawyers explain that it is important to write it… to avoid in the future OpenID become a word like “kleenex”, “email”…

There are only one OpenID logo, it’s the same for everybody, probably soon the new logo with a space between the “I” and the ‘arrow”…

Of course be free to use as you want…

Cheers

-Snorri