[legal] OpenID Trademark assigned to the foundation

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Mon Apr 14 21:24:38 UTC 2008

I have signed and delivered the paperwork that assigns the rights in
the US OpenID trademark registration to the OpenID Foundation.

Just thought I'd report that ...

I hope that everybody else does the same thing in short order. There
is simply no good reason that anybody other than the OpenID Foundation
should own the trademarks, and many good reasons that it should. And
ideally, we'll be able to recruit everybody who has an opinion on
trademark governance into the trademark committee where the sausage
will be made ;-) Simply raise your hand!

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.