[legal] Copyright status of OpenID Specs text itself

Brian E. Lewis brian.lewis at cordance.net
Fri Apr 11 14:32:35 UTC 2008

As I understand it, you are only seeking to translate the specs and related
documents.  To my mind, this would be a significant benefit, and the GFDL
would be ideal.  Unfortunately, we did not put that language in the
documents.

We can either see about getting you permission or amending the documents to
include appropriate GFDL language.

Brian E. Lewis, General Counsel

=bike ( <http://xri.net/=bike> http://xri.net/=bike)

Ph. 206.774.9820

Cel. 206.910.6574

Fax 206.407.3295

 <mailto:brian.lewis at cordance.net> brian.lewis at cordance.net

CONFIDENTIAL LEGAL WORK PRODUCT. This email message may be protected by the
attorney/client privilege, work product doctrine or other confidentiality
protection. If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, do not
read it. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in
error, then delete it. Thank you.