[OpenID] Facebook Cooperation with German Email Providers?

Johannes Ernst jernst+openid.net at netmesh.us
Tue Aug 25 19:36:53 UTC 2009

On Aug 25, 2009, at 11:50, Chris Messina wrote:

> It's using OpenID in a perfectly legitimate way — just not how most
> of us expect it to be used (i.e. with a user-facing interface).

This could be an example of using OpenID white lists and black lists
as a strategic business tool. It had to happen sooner or later.

Is "my users can log into important site X faster than my
competitor's" worth some money? You bet ... Would somebody at
important site X realize that sooner or later? Absolutely ...

[This is speculation on my part; I have no inside knowledge.]

Cheers,

Johannes.