[OpenID] Question from a beginner about the attribute "RPSIG"

PepitoGrillo sengirpaladin at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 17:55:10 UTC 2009

Good day to everyone

I have already signed in the mailing list

I am studying OpenID and investigating how it works using some Wireshark
captures I have made
I have seen this attribute, rpsig (openid.rpsig), in many requests and
answers; but it does not appear in the OpenID Specifications (I have
searched for it with no result in them...)
I know about the attribute sig (openid.sig) and I know how it works, but the
attribute rpsig is a mistery for me...

Would you mind explaining me what does it sign and who signs it?
I believe the signer is the Relying Party, but there is no field which says
which attributes are signed, so I am a bit confused about this attribute

Thanks in advance and have a nice day ! (^_^)