[OpenID] An Openid User Interface Implementation

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 01:05:17 UTC 2009

stevepepple wrote:

> - I'd be interested to learn why you decided to use pop-up windows
> instead of redirects.

Feedback from RP's has shown that they are not comfortable with redirects.
This is based OpenID UX draft specifications.

> - If I toggle from using 'Google Account' to 'I want to use a
> different Account,' there is no UI for using a different account

Obviously it was only meant as an instruction for the user. You see this in
many other select boxes like "Select Country" etc.

> - For integrating the login box with an existing website, it would be
> nice to just drop in a single script, maybe a jQuery plugin, one
> snippet of HTML, and a stylesheet. I looks as though the
> functionality, document structure, and styling are not separate.

I have Open sourced this at
http://openid.myofiz.com
With a configuration file that allows you to do that.

> Overall, I think is an intriguing way to present an OpenID login. Did
> you consider the JainRain select box, or other widgets, when designing
> this one?

Yes I have seen all of them before I designed this one. (I think so)

-----

Santosh Rajan
http://santrajan.blogspot.com http://santrajan.blogspot.com