[OpenID] An Openid User Interface Implementation

Gudmundur A. Thorisson gthorisson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 21:04:03 UTC 2009

Personally, I have to say  drop-downs are a no-no for me for OP
selector widgets.

Wrt. other widgets: after looking around for OP selector widgets 3-4
months ago and evaluating the JanRain one and several others for a
project, I came across this pakcage by Jarret Vance which is pretty
slick. Check it out:

   http://jvance.com/pages/JQueryOpenIDPlugin.xhtml

All the jQuery-based Javascript is in a single .js file, the layout
(including list of provider icons) is in the HTML snippet and styling
in a CSS-file. The type of OP (directed identity for Yahoo, Google
etc., or regular, or simply URL) is configured via CSS class). This
separation, and potential for customizing, was a major requirement for
me.

BTW I'm working on an add-on module based on this widget for the
Drupal CMS (http://drupal.org), as Drupal has core OpenID support
which mostly works ( e.g. no support for directed identity yet) but
rubbish sign-on UI. Some Drupal-ers on this list may be in interested
in this.

                  Mummi