[OpenID] Demo Travel/ retailshop

Andrew Arnott andrewarnott at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:10:35 UTC 2009

Remember (I say this to everyone on the list),
Just because PayPal would make an excellent source of this information, that
doesn't mean that it should become an OP.  In the interest of the SSO model,
since we seem to have enough big OPs out there, why not have PayPal become
an OAuth Service Provider.

Imagine... you're already logged into eBay using your preferred OP.  You're
now ready to purchase.  Why make you log in again using PayPal?  Instead,
just click the Pay With PayPal button.  You see PayPal pop up, asking you to
verify the purchase/bid/whatever.  You click Yes.  You see eBay again, and
it has received all the info it needs.  If you weren't already signed into
PayPal you may need to sign in there before clicking "Yes", but you're
strictly logging into PayPal and not re-logging into eBay.

You don't need to be an OP to be able to provide this info.  If
authentication isn't strictly necessary, OAuth is usually the right choice.

--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death