[OpenID] OpenID progress in the Netherlands

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Wed Apr 22 16:39:12 UTC 2009

>-          I don't like a centralized authentication system like OpenID
>-          OpenID, Huh?
>
>To react on most of these issues we have a nice line up off speakers

Is the "centralization" misconception not one of the issues your
speakers are currently prepared to react upon?

If not, you might be able to work something similar into the event
itself - at the door, when you're issuing passes (for future entry),
explain that (to fit the OpenID theme) they'll need to additionally
write in on their pass the name of someone who can vouch for their
having purchased a membership, so they can gain access to the
speakers. And, yes, for "centralization" they do have this fellow
who's taking admissions, who can vouch for the fact that they did pay
for theirs; but he'll be at the door all day, and can't go with them
to vouch for their right to access any speaker. However, because
OpenID is DEcentralized, and lets the *user* decide who they want
their OP to be, they'll write you write in ANY name on your pass; you
can put in one of your friends who will be accompanying you the
entire time, you can even put your OWN name. And, of course, you can
always write in a different/new name later.

-Shade