[OpenID] Automating the user's selection of OP

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 20:29:12 UTC 2009

We could use smart software in the browser to handle this (e.g. Verisign
Seatbelt or Sxipper) but with a much better set of features for the
user, and better detection of web sites that support OpenID (e.g. the
Vidoop plugin for flock).

While we can't ever get away from the need to support "dumb browser"
experiences, in my mind it makes more sense to optimize for an "identity
agent" aware device while not precluding the "dumb browser" experience.
There is a lot we can do to make a seamless user-centric experience
using an "identity agent" on the user's device.

My 2 cents:)

Thanks,
George