[OpenID] Automating the user's selection of OP

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Tue Apr 21 05:52:16 UTC 2009

We're going in circles here.

>Are you suggesting that typing a url is easier for the user than selecting
>from a list like here the one below?

How do you populate the list?

>http://myfeeds.myofiz.com http://myfeeds.myofiz.com

I only see Google and Yahoo - your list is woefully incomplete.

Foreseeing (with a touch of deja vu) our next step in this cycle, how
do we avoid confusing the user with a long list of OP's, most of
which they will be uninterested in using, and many of which they may
have never heard of?

http://www.azarask.in/blog/post/socialhistoryjs/

That's one of the XSS links Chris Messina posted. Read down through
the image of a "bird-shot" approach. We don't want users to be lost
in a sea of icons, hunting down the only one they find familiar.

-Shade