[OpenID] Automating the user's selection of OP

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 01:47:32 UTC 2009

Chris Messina wrote:

> Luke Shepard wrote about this idea recently:
>
> http://www.sociallipstick.com/2009/04/15/lets-detect-logged-in-state/

Does not look like a practical idea to me.

1) Detecting logged in status for a set of OP's even if it is possible, will
mean an extra delay in the login process.
2) Even if you detect a person logged in to an OP we cannot assume that it
is the OP the user would like to use for the particular RP.
3) You may find the user logged in to more than one OP's,

So you are still back to asking the user which OP's he would like to login
with.

You might as well ask the question at the start itself and set a cookie for
the user.

-----

Santosh Rajan
http://santrajan.blogspot.com http://santrajan.blogspot.com