[OpenID] Automating the user's selection of OP

Andrew Arnott andrewarnott at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:09:11 UTC 2009

Hi Shade,
You may be interested in my OpenIdAjaxTextBox sample, which has a similar
idea.  As soon as you type in an identifier, it goes to work in the
background scanning the XRDS of the identifier and then sending
checkid_immediate to a moving window of up to *x* maximum OPs simultaneously
from the XRDS.  The result is that if the user is logged into *any *of the
OPs listed in his XRDS file, then the site pretty much guarantees that he
won't have to log in explicitly to any of them in order to visit this site
-- provided the site is already trusted by his OPs.  So it works better the
second time you visit. :)

http://demo.dotnetopenauth.net/v3.0/OpenIdRelyingPartyWebForms/ajaxlogin.aspx

<http://demo.dotnetopenauth.net/v3.0/OpenIdRelyingPartyWebForms/ajaxlogin.aspx>Oh,
and at the moment it doesn't work well with IE8.  But IE7, Chrome, FF all
work decently with it.
--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 4:03 AM, SitG Admin <sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com