[OpenID] OpenID MediaWiki Extension v.0.8.4.1 - Identity Providers UI

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Sun Apr 19 19:34:19 UTC 2009

Hi Sergey,

The Yahoo OpenID Provider will display a warning to the user if the RP's
OpenID endpoints are not discoverable.

Warning: This website has not confirmed its identity with Yahoo! and
might be fraudulent. Do not share any personal information with this
website unless you are certain it is legitimate.

The best documentation for fixing this issue is here:
http://blog.nerdbank.net/2008/06/why-yahoo-says-your-openid-site.html

The AOL Sign-in form fails if the user just clicks the Login Button
without entering their AOL ScreenName. You might want to  disable the
button until after the user types in their ScreenName. This will only be
an issue until AOL upgrades their OpenID Provider from OpenID 1.1 to
OpenID 2.0. Once they have OpenID 2.0 support, you'll be able to handle
AOL logins identically to Google and Yahoo.

Good job!
Allen