[OpenID] OpenID MediaWiki Extension v.0.8.4.1 - Identity Providers UI

Sergey Chernyshev sergey.chernyshev at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 07:00:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm done with initial implementation of Identity Providers UI for OpenID
MediaWiki Extension.

Extension now shows a user-friendly (although my design skills are far from
perfect) form where they can pick from a list of OpenID providers (generic
OpenID URL form is still default).

You can see it in action here:
http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Special:OpenIDLogin
http://www.techpresentations.org/Special:OpenIDLogin (without icons - I'll
enable them later)

After some discussions and concerns here on the list, I implemented it in
the way that provider logos don't show up by default and if you would like
to show them on your site, you have to add:

     $wgOpenIDShowProviderIcons = true;

to your LocalSettings.php

Hope you like it, but I'm still open to suggestions about improving the
interface so you all finally install it on your wikis ;)

Thank you,

        Sergey

--
Sergey Chernyshev