[OpenID] native assertion encryption in openid?

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Fri Apr 17 14:46:32 UTC 2009

New Release: SafeNet Type 1 certified 10 Gbps KG-340 Encryptor
SafeNet, Inc., a global leader in information security for 25 years, has announced the availability of the KG-340, its Type 1 SONET/SDH Encryptor for the protection of classified information sent over high-speed U.S. government networks. It is the only encryptor of its kind.

We should be using more encryption. It's obviously getting really cheap per bit of bandwidth, if one takes type I crypto down to the strength of type II - that folks use/need in normal life.

No real point using more encryption tho, if the keys are compromised...or the authentication (of the keys) is un-assured. Obviously, the algorithm used should be believed sound.