[OpenID] An alternative OpenID UX

John Bradley john.bradley at wingaa.com
Wed Apr 15 19:24:30 UTC 2009

Peter,

If it is your XRDS there is nothing to stop you from adding PAPE or
other OpenID extension <Type> elements to your services.

This is the case with XRI or self hosted URI.  I have yet to see a URL
based provider allow users to edit there XRDS documents.

At the moment the spec has the RP use the users highest priority
openID service that matches the RPs criteria.

Although many RPs don't support the priority attribute on the Service
element so milage may vary depending on RP.

There was talk of a muli auth extension.  Though it is mostly a
modification of the RP logic.  There is no way to force a RP to
perform that sort of authentication.

There is nothing to prevent a RP from authenticating you against
multiple OPs  with different PAPE levels.
Though without some trust mechanism with the OPs I don't know that
having two or three OPs say they have performed biometrical
authentication of the user, is that much better than one.

John Bradley