[OpenID] An alternative OpenID UX

Rabbit rabbit at cyberpunkrock.com
Tue Apr 14 10:06:52 UTC 2009

I think you might be confusing Identity 2.0 with Microsoft Passport.

OpenID is not about the RP. It's about the user. It's about the user
being in control over how their identity is constructed, mixed,
shared, viewed, copied, mashed, etc. The moment people forget that is
the moment we start going back to decade old mistakes.

If you are only concerned with having a verified e-mail address, find
another way to collect that information. E-mail is just an identity
attribute (and a clumsy, archaic one at that). Don't make the user
jump through your hoops just to satisfy a data requirement.

=Rabbit