[OpenID] Can we make a seamless OpenID mobile experience?

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Sat Apr 11 01:40:53 UTC 2009

>I know it's really tough from a security perspective, because the OP
>doesn't want to trust the device manufacturers with its credentials.

Is this a hardware problem or a software problem? If the latter,
Linux will run on the Playstation and at that point it's essentially
a computer with unusual built-in hardware; if the former, can we
track down the original manufacturers of every piece of equipment
currently used in "regular" computers? Very difficult to predict
exact hardware combinations with regular systems, yes; and ordinarily
difficult to control their combinations; but malicious hardware is
still a possibility for common systems.

-Shade