[OpenID] What about Logout?

Luke Shepard lshepard at facebook.com
Wed Apr 8 23:53:52 UTC 2009

I'm not familiar with "Session Sync", but it sounds like you're asking if Facebook contacts each of the RPs to tell them that the user is now logged out?

The answer is no - on logout, Facebook just deletes its Facebook cookies. It's up the RPs (applications, in our terminology) to check with Facebook at their next convenience. In practice this means that there's usually a lag of about one page load. This isn't great, but it's a reasonable compromise for the user experience.