[OpenID] What about Logout?

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Thu Apr 9 01:39:05 UTC 2009

You might want to implement this with an impersonation model, rather than slo model, leveraging parallel (multiple) session compartments.

Think of it in interface binding terms. An object class exports 2 soap interfaces, where rbac enforced in the class loader or interface guard limits one's rights to bind an id to a particular interface (implies subset of methods and data types). Or equivalently, in rest and url land, rbac limits which subsets of urls and mime types one can bind the  id to.

If u do it like this, one gets a take/grant authorization model, in which 1 id can delegate to another, when the roles are sent in the authz element of the assertion. The ax authority releasing roles need not be the same op as is doing user auth (or one can be a front for the other).