[OpenID] MySpaceID, Activity Streams, Portable Contacts on OpenID.net

Santosh Rajan santrajan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 01:33:51 UTC 2009

My understanding of the OpenID 2.0 specification is the following and I dont
think MySpace is compliant.
1) The RP should able to negotiate a SHA1 or SHA256 handle. MySpace does not
support SHA1.
2) MySpace does not support session type "no encryption", In which case an
RP might want to go for stateless mode. They hit you with SHA512 in
stateless mode! Where did that come from?

It is very clear to me that they had no intention of supporting OpenID and
they have only "thrown the spanner into the work".