[OpenID] Wildcard realms and return URL verification discovery conflict

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Wed Apr 8 23:53:17 UTC 2009

>The problem, as I see it, is that the spec requires an assumption
>be made: that in discovery a wildcard maps to a specific hostname:

Hmm . . . the behavior I have seen is not that *.domain.com is
assumed to be 'www', but that 'domain.com' is assumed to be
'www.domain.com' (this caused me to reprise my no-www compliance
level). In practice, I think there will be little difference between
the two ('domain.com' can probably be assumed to be identical to
'www.domain.com').

-Shade