[OpenID] [oauth] Re: Replacing email verification with RSS 'push' feeds and OAuth

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Wed Apr 8 06:04:56 UTC 2009

>The Achilles Heel of email based communication of all kinds is spam
>filtering -- if the temporary email address just forwards, and
>nothing else special is done, I would guess that a lot of the emails
>sent will end up in a spam folder.

Still, the OP could use its own spam detection; such as, for
instance, only sending the first 3 messages through unaffected, and
then holding onto the rest, sending the user a message after 5
minutes to report "There have been ## messages during this time."

The user could then log in, at their discretion, to go through the
headers on a web interface with the OP, trying to find the one
message they *did* want to receive, before disabling the temporary
mailbox entirely, and relieving the OP's need to (indefinitely)
continue storing those messages.

-Shade