[OpenID] MySpaceID, Activity Streams, Portable Contacts on OpenID.net

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Wed Apr 8 04:45:35 UTC 2009

Im intrigued enough to perhaps get an myspace account and try it.

The key test is: does it do openid with an RP that does not support OAUTH?

That's important to me : as I dont yet understand the assertion, security or management model of any opendid+OAUTH hybrid models (seeing as there is no forum to analyze any proopsal). I do understand openid auth and AX - and feelI know what the designers intended for the management concept.

This is not to say: a OAUTH hybrid is not relevant. It's simply saying that OAUTH must not be required, merely todo what openid set out to do. If adding OAUTH makes openid go yet further... great!

If they have brought n million additional subscribers into openid auth world, they have added something to the community. It would be even better if a google subscriber can also get access to some myspace resource via openid too, meaning MySpace is an RP.