[OpenID] MySpaceID, Activity Streams, Portable Contacts on OpenID.net

Andrew Arnott andrewarnott at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 04:32:50 UTC 2009

Hey, OpenID is a valid protocol to use no matter how customized you make it
for your system.  They've demonstrated how customized and unintimidating the
UI *can* be.  We might take lessons from that when designing recommended UI
for other OpenID sites.
I just signed up for MySpace to try out their OpenID support.  It doesn't
really tell about it once you're signed in, so I just tried logging into my
RP using "myspace.com" as if it were an OP Identifier.  It turns out they
have an HTML LINK tag in their home page that identifies that URL as a
Claimed Identifier instead of an OP Identifier.  Then their OpenID server is
rigged to reject that claimed id as an error.

Nice job, guys.  Strike 1.
--
Andrew Arnott
"I [may] not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death