[OpenID] Wildcard realms and return URL verification discovery conflict

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Wed Apr 8 02:27:08 UTC 2009

Use the idp proxying model. Your rp site seeks an assertion from your own op, which proxies up to one of a select group of OPs.

This is part of the SAML model, so good prior art exists.

Think of it like https/SSL's Connect verb, where two back to back security associations provide the illusion of an end-end assertion.