[OpenID] Replacing email verification with RSS 'push' feeds and OAuth

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Tue Apr 7 23:09:47 UTC 2009

Once there is a direct channel between user and RP (that is not mediated by an OP), one can build on the tokens to create secure messaging - in much the same way that WS-SX builds on Security Token exchange to create a layer7-layer SSL-like handshake and two simplex associations in the WCF world.

Once one has associations, the user as OP or vanity site becomes more viable - as we now know that openid can leverage such an OOB association to share its master keying.