[OpenID] [oauth] Re: Replacing email verification with RSS 'push' feeds and OAuth

Allen Tom atom at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Apr 7 04:34:54 UTC 2009

Currently, Google OpenID users can be exempted from Email verification
when the Google OP returns an @gmail.com address, because the Google OP
will only return the @gmail.com address that is tied to the Google Account.

If we generalize this, if the RP trusts the user's email provider to
always assert the user's true email address, then why wouldn't an RP
trust the OP to always return a valid disposable email address?

Allen