[OpenID] "declining OpenID usage"

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Mon Apr 6 01:57:31 UTC 2009

The article was all about shopping (and thus payment).

I bet its still true that yahoo say its inappropriate to use their openid assertions for financial transactions (given the way idp cookies are/were handled). We will see if live and google step up and allow or deny random sites the right to use and rely on their assertions for financial transactions/purposes - even one's valued at only $1.

The real fun will come when ebay allows a buyer to contest an auction's closure under their dispute rules where the seller was (websso) authenticated by google, the buyer was (websso) authenticated by yahoo, and the buyer originally logged into her paypal account to pay using her (now suspended) paypal openid.