[OpenID] "declining OpenID usage"

SitG Admin sysadmin at shadowsinthegarden.com
Mon Apr 6 00:48:18 UTC 2009

>2. I was inspired to look at the numbers after seeing Eric Reis talk
>at Web2. He's pushing measurement so that you can have a conversation
>that's based on data rather than opinions. A lot of people have told
>me that our numbers are low because of our UI. That's an opinion. It's
>easy to find supporting arguments for that opinion, but it should be
>just as easy to prove the opinion with some numbers.

How about three hundred million numbers?
http://uie.com/articles/three_hund_million_button/
I don't think it addresses your specific circumstances, but I don't
know the details. This may help a bit, it may not.

>decline in usage. For example, we had two large conferences that were
>a year apart in the same city. The first year adoption was 8% and the
>second year adoption was 3%.

I would speculate that the 3% rate was constant, and your first year
startled out of the bushes that 5% reservoir of people whose interest
was still going even without OpenID to latch onto, but speculations
won't help here - you still need hard facts.

-Shade