[OpenID] About Facebook, MySpace and OpenID

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Sun Apr 5 17:41:25 UTC 2009

[Peter Williams] Aha.

Does openid auth conformance *require* the RP to maintain state, or does Google's implementation *require* the RP to maintain state?

If it’s the protocol, it gets added to the testing suite. RPs failing to retain the required state may be labeled non-conforming (or, in openid culture "not OSIS tested " -- to be politically correct.) If it’s the implementation, we get to debate the propriety of the OPs implementation in an open community.