[OpenID] OAuth SPs don't have to be your OpenID OP

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:50:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 11:23 AM, santrajan <santrajan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Exactly! To quote from that doc.
> "The suggested approach involves two new systems that we refer to as the
> CDS
> (Central Discovery Service) & PDS (Personal Discovery Service).  The only
> job of the CDS is to indicate the location of the user's PDS. "
>
> Something like this for OpenID.

Right. This was what we discussed at the OpenID Design Workshop — that such
a PDS system could hint to the browser what OP the current user uses — and
nothing more — to enable a generic "Sign in" button for the web w/o having
to support the Nascar screen of logo-buttons that will surely emerge with
the proliferation of directed identity and OPs.

Chris

--
Chris Messina
Citizen-Participant &

factoryjoe.com // diso-project.org // vidoop.com